1. I like my favorite drinks (tea, Pepsi) poured over ice. I'm not so crazy when ice is in the weather forecast but it makes for lovely crystal looking trees.
2. I like always liked the line from The Night Before Christmas that says, "the moon on the breast of the new fallen snow gave a luster of midday to objects below." Have you ever looked out on a moonlight night at the snow covered ground? The shadows are awesome. When the sun comes out after a snowfall I like the shadows on the pristine snow then too. This photo was taken Tuesday. We've had lots of snow melt since then and it's at the ugly muddy stage now.
3. I've been taking photographs seriously for six years. I have finally been able to tell myself I'm a photographer but I still consider myself an amateur. The above shot was an attempt at depth of field and spot focus. I think I should be able to do it without thinking too hard about it. Nope. Took sixteen 'takes' - yep, I went back and counted. Thank goodness for digital. I'd be broke developing film....
4. I feed the birds. The other day my son called while I had stepped out to fill the bird feeders. I called him back and told him I was sorry I had missed him I was out feeding the birds. His reply was, "Feeding the birds?" It was that kind of question that goes up in pitch at the end as if to say why? I told him I feed them and take pictures. In a drawn out voice he said, 'ooooh, ok.' I'm not convinced he gets it.
5. While out feeding the birds I noticed the snow glistening in the sunlight. Those little lights of color made me think of fairy dust. Because snow is made up of ice crystals, the light striking the different surfaces of the crystal is refracted and reflected. It's the same properties that make diamonds glitter. Who knew!!