Thursday, August 28, 2008

Through My Window and Bridging the Gap

It's Thursday again and time for my weekly feature of showing you what I've seen through my window. Late Wednesday afternoon it began to rain and rained off and on during the night and picked up again all day yesterday. While the rain was a blessing for the garden and yard plants; the view out my window has been a little bleak these past couple of days.
While the rain on the window didn't come out as well as I would have liked, I am beginning to think of this image as my "Impressionist" work. Ha, Ha! I'm sure Monet or Renoir are looking down on me and seriously disagreeing. Let's just call it digital impressionism. You all can stop shaking your heads now. I like it, it's my blog, it's posted!
Tom came looking for corn - rain or not!
Though the weather was more fit for ducks than humans we needed to go out nevertheless to buy some hoses for the garden tractor as well as pick up some milk. This photo is through the Jeep window looking at the windows in front of the store.
Here's hoping the view out your window is sunny and bright. It's what I'm hoping for today!
****************************

Bridging The Gap
Alice has been hosting a photo challenge this week. She has asked us to post photos of bridges. If you click on the icon it will link you to her blog and all the other participants taking the challenge.
Since today is my window day I decided to post another window through which you can see a bridge. This window was one from a covered bridge that I posted about here. The bridge you see was of course the one built to take the traffic from the covered bridge.

15 comments:

judi/Gmj said...

A looking through post! Great shot. Love how you got the depth of the window to frame the bridge. Cool beans lady! Yes, the bucket list will be posted. :)

Melli said...

Rain! Glorious RAIN! Real live RAIN! Ooooooooh how I'm HOPING for some today!!! Maybe if you had it yesterday then I really WILL get some today! Ohhhhhh Father, I PRAY!!!

I LOVE all your rain shots! ALL of them!!! And your bridge too! Out the window! Excellent!

Raven said...

I like your rainy impressionism. We have had lovely weather here, although more like late September than October. My trees have already begun changing color. I'm thinking there are a lot of confused trees and squirrels and birds out there right now. I like your bridge from a bridge picture too.

I always wonder if some painters were painting out of astigmatisms and eye problems mixed with genius. Probably just genius. Always wished I had the gift for painting.

Rose said...

I so love the view through your window and can't wait to see what fall and winter bring.

The red brick road on my blog is just a section of a road out in the country...it has been there as long as I have lived in Indiana. I have always loved it...

Anonymous said...

That second rain photo is my favorite. You are a grand impressionist photographer.

I like the bridge shot looking from the old to the new -- past to present. Modern architecture has lost most of its romance.

Gattina said...

Today I feel home when I come to your blog ! When I look out of the window it ALWAYS rains ! It's amazing that we don't have flippers yet instead of feet !
Nice bridge too !

Jientje said...

I like how you linked this together with your window theme! I love the rainy pictures. You know if you lived in Belgium, you would see more than enough of those, but still!
They promised us sunshine and some nice weather this week, but I'm still waiting ... Have a great day, Carletta!

Oman said...

i think i will start with the last pic. it is an awesome shot and nice framing. i am impressed. you are getting better and better.

the window shots on the other hand reminded me of days when i just want to bathe in the rain. beautiful shots too.

Janice Thomson said...

I love your last rain shot - the enlargement is fantastic!
So is your bridge shot - loved how you used the window for framing it.
I also liked your rainy impressionisms- I think they're kind of cool :)

Carver said...

Those are fabulous rain shots and I like the way you can see the bridge through the bridge window.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Carletta: Cool rain pictures, we needed some rain this week.

Leora said...

Love all your rain photos. I bet Monet would have had great fun with a digital camera.

JunieRose2005 said...

I like your rainy window shots!

"Into every life a little rain must fall."

It's true but too many rainy days depress me!

I have several poems about rainy days! :)



Junie

juliana said...

well, i hope your weather improves but still love the rainy looks through your window.

the (double) bridge shot is great!

maryt/theteach said...

Great post, Carletta, looking from the covered bridge (a frame) to another more modern bridge... :)