Saturday, August 16, 2008

Raven's Saturday Wordzzle Challenge

Each Saturday Raven hosts her Wordzzle Challenge. She gives us a bunch of random words and phrases to make into a SHORT paragraph. It's great fun and a good challenge for your creativity.

I don't feel I've been very good in my couple of attempts at the challenge; but, Raven is an exceptional writer so be sure to check hers out. Just click on the icon to go to Raven's and all the other participants doing today's challenge.



The following is my mini challenge for this week.

It was not a flourishing business by any means. Only a fragment of the nightly Karaoke talent at the club was anything more than insipid crooning. You could juxtapose the competitors on the stage at the end of the night and looking at their zombie-like faces swear they didn't have enough hemoglobin to be able to breathe little alone sing. No Sirree, unless something changed soon this business was going belly up.

11 comments:

Raven said...

Yippeee! You played! And did a great job too! I will link you. Don't know why Mr. Linky hides like that. Thanks for wordzzling. You are very good at it, you just don't know it.

Anonymous said...

Saturdays, huh? I'll have to be remembering this for next week. I keep putting Raven in my feed-reader but it keeps burping her back out. I don't know why.

Akelamalu said...

You did a great job! It's fun isn't it?

Mine's up too. :)

Richard said...

Welcome to the Wordzzle. Your story sounds like a bar in Sun City.

Rich

judi/Gmj said...

Wonderful, humm I will have to think on this meme.
You are a great writer, and evolving in to fantastic. The more you blog the better you get.

Lol!! quilly's feed-reader needs Gas-ex!Well at least it's burping...:)

Melli said...

OH MY GOSH! Those are HARD words! I'm going to have to play this NEXT week! Yes indeed! SOMEbody remind me!

Dianne said...

I love your paragraph!! It was funny and really pulled together so nicely

Keep playing - as Raven said, you're really good at it!

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I agree, Your paragraph was great! I particularly loved this image " looking at their zombie-like faces swear they didn't have enough hemoglobin to be able to breathe little alone sing."

Perfection.

Anonymous said...

Nice job! I enjoyed your story... :-)

Come check out my new meme, Pet Peeve Tuesdays!

Jay said...

Excellent.

I think you might be talking about the only bar I've ever done Karaoke at. haha

Kimmie said...

Hi Carletta!

Your paragraph was excellently done! You are a natural, keep it up! I loved it.

Hugs,
Kimmie