Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Dragon Hunt for Melli

In celebration of Melli's 1000th post ( yes, you read that right) she challenged us to go on a dragon hunt this week. Well, I hadn't been out of my house to do any hunting until today. My own little baby dragon hid in a box when we moved this time last year and isn't making himself known these days. So, I had to try to find Melli some dragons before the week was out. I barely made the deadline.
This little guy is a fire-breathing, wing-flapping cutie. If only somebody would untie those ropes that are holding him down. By the look on his face he just might burn through them any minute so I suggest somebody better hurry!



Did you know Dragons could skateboard? Yep, just like Tony Hawk! You can see this one is famous enough to get a T-shirt deal and his face planted on the deck of the skateboard. I want his agent.




I fervently believe the last dragon I found is the King of all Dragons. Now mind you I didn't ask to confirm if that were true. As he swooped overhead and shadowed the sun as if an eclipse was happening I could feel the warm breath from his open mouth as he barked orders to his entourage. I wasn't asking anything that might risk red hot flames flaring at me and burning me to a crisp!

HAPPY 1000th POST MELLI!

8 comments:

Raven said...

WOW! What wonderful dragons. Alas, I have no more dragons but I will go wish Melli a happy 1000th. That's a lot of posts.

Anonymous said...

I like all o these dragons, but that last one IS spectacular. I'm glad he didn't toast you for dinner.

juliana said...

great dragons... the dragon king looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Those are wonderful dragons. Great choices for the hunt.

Melli said...

OH WOW! That last one is AMAZING! I would have bought the first one! Luz would love it! As a matter of fact I might have to go search for one for her! I was GOING to go to the skate park to see if I could find a dragon! Back in the day my boys had 16 skateboards EACH... I don't think THEY ever had a dragon one though! Maybe one.... You did GREAT Carletta! Just in the NICK o' time! And I? I got so wrapped up in the wordzzle up above, I ALMOST forgot to come BACK and see your dragons! That would have been HORRIFIC!!!

maryt/theteach said...

Great dragons, Carletta! I haven't posted my camera Critters yet...but I will.

Dragonstar said...

You found wonderful dragons! That last one is everything a dragon should be. Well done!

The Mumma said...

I love the orange dragon. It looks just a bit too fierce for gentle Elijah, though.