Wednesday, May 7, 2008

G is for Goose


Take a gander at this goose. (Sorry, I couldn't resist saying that.) This is another of my photos taken at the local mall. The water you see is just an indentation in the ground where the water collects after a rain. Each time I've been at the mall in rainy weather I have seen geese and ducks frolicking in the standing water. They are a pretty happy bunch of birds. That happens to be just fine with me because I get a lot of photo opportunities with these wonderful creatures.

If you visit here often you know I've been away visiting my baby grandchild, Ms. Lily. We had a wonderful time together and she has grown so much since I saw her in March and I miss her so much already! I took lots of pictures and will share them as the week goes on.

I thank all of you who stopped by the past few days and commented on those last couple of posts I left. I'll be around to see what you've all been up to as soon as I can. In the meantime I am doing Alphabet Photos this mouth which is being hosted by Quilly at Pacific Paradise. To see other participants or to join along in the fun go to Quilly's and click on the link on her sidebar.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should have known that you'd come back and goose us! Just the same, it's good to have you back again.

Anonymous said...

Great Goose! Haha. I love the Canada Goose, always so beautiful. Somewhere in my files I have goose pics, but not sure where, so didn't use them, hahaha. Come see what I did use.

Anonymous said...

Whoof!! I like geese too, but it's not a good idea to chase 'em. They can get mean. Bark!! I posted... (come on now, you didn't really think I'd tell did you). Bark!!

Debbie said...

G...lad you are back and had such a fun time! The goose is Gorgeous and how many more G words can I think of?

Have a Great day Girl :)

Rose said...

Glad to see you back...I can't wait to see pictures of your grandbaby...

Do you know if there is a way to tell the male and female geese apart? I had never thought to see if there is a way....but I must say this one is a handsome fella, isn't he?

George Townboy said...

G is for golly gee, you were missed greatly! So nice to have you back!

Love the photo of the goose! Funny how birds will congregate in rain puddles, lol.

judi/Gmj said...

Good to know you are safely home. Grandkids are addictive arn't they? When mine are here for several days at a time there is a big warp in my time continuum when they leave. Good shot of a goose on the loose.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Carletta: Photo opportunities occur whenever your behind the lens. Very nice goose capture. I'm watching "Fly Away Home" on DVD at home. How appropriate is that.

MaR said...

That's a pretty goose and loved hearing his pals as well!
Very nice choice for G, mine is posted here.

Melli said...

Awwwwww Geeeeeee! I had some goose photos too - and didn't even think of them! This is great though! That's a beautiful shot! Welcome back!!!

Anonymous said...

Great goose but better than that is having Carletta back!

JunieRose2005 said...

He's a very handsome guy!!

Welcome back, Carletta!


Junie

Rebecca said...

Welcome back. My mom comes down to visit her grandson (my nephew) as much as possible! They do grow so fast.

Nice shot of the goose!

Janice Thomson said...

A fine looking goose Carletta! Glad you are home safe and sound :)

Robert said...

Welcome back. Hope you had a great visit. This is a fun image to come back to. Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Jientje said...

Welcome back, and thx for visiting mine! I love geese!

juliana said...

love the goose.
nice to hear you enjoyed your time away :)

dot said...

I've never heard of geese at a mall. I must be crazy but I actually heard them squawking when I first came to your blog!

Karen Coutu said...

What a graceful specimen! I love the sound effects too!!

Small City Scenes said...

Wonderful goose---well I mean--er--oh never mind. I have a pair with babies at my pond. Posted somewhere. When I heard your sound effects I thought something was bothering my geese. Rascal. MB

Lilli & Nevada said...

Oh that is a pretty goose

Gattina said...

The living example of a proud male, lol !

Minkydo said...

Great choice. Since I moved a bit west I only see geese overhead, whereas I used to see them in my yard.

Tom said...

It is nice to have you back...:O)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this photo of the goose!