Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Project Green: The Final Take

It hardly seems like it was a week ago that Anna announced Project Green and again invited us to play along. When I first saw the color choice I was a little apprehensive about finding things to photograph that would somehow be a little out of the ordinary. I'm thrilled with the things I found and continuously marvel at what other participants found as well. I thank Anna for pushing me to see the extraordinary in the ordinary; or, as Raven commented on my post yesterday, "I love it when ordinary things take on the quality of art."

Those of you who read my blog regularly know I try to match the music playing with what I've posted. Most of the week I chose Kermit singing It Ain't Easy Being Green. Last week Christy posted a really cute Kermit puppet so I'm going to close out my Project Green with a real frog. I managed to "capture" him as he sat on a rock by the small pond in my yard. I just love the green around his mouth!
I've been GOing green for a week now; but it's time to move on to other adventures while waiting for Anna's next project in late May. That's when she'll give us the GO on a new project and color.
Until then, I hope you'll still drop by and visit to see what I'm up to. I especially hope you'll come back tomorrow. I have one more green I was saving for a Wordless Wednesday post. It's a road sign that I'm sure will have you shaking your head and saying "I Don't Even Want to Know!"

17 comments:

World So Wide said...

What a beauty!

Shelly said...

This is great, I soooo wanted to post a frog! Every day for the last week when I would hear one outside I would run out with my camera, of course then I could never find the little croaker. But every night while I was nodding off to sleep that frog would "ribbit" and taunt me. I'm sure, now that project green is over I will come face to face with a frog every day that I am out in the garden. ;)

Anonymous said...

This little fella is cute! Don't kiss him, though. I understand that princes can be a lot of trouble.

I am starting a new photo project. I don't know if you want to join or not. The details are up at my place.

Tom said...

Excellent Carletta.. great frog picture, and traffic lights as we call them.
I look forward to seeing tomorrows even more now

George Townboy said...

Another awesome post, green or not! You really did 'capture' him, and the GO light is perfect!

That looks like a mighty romantic frog!!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Carletta: Nice finish to Project Green. I think you should have had the red light showing to show the project was over and the green was out. (LOL) I don't think I saw lights in my visits anywhere and we see them every day, maybe because we call them red lights. I think the frog photo was great.

Rose said...

I'm glad you got the stoplight--I meant to get one for Project Yellow and didn't. That is a great shot of a frog...

Kind of anxious now to see what you have for tomorrow.

dot said...

Good looking fellow but I prefer the photo of the stop light! Will be back tomorrow to see your surprise.

Chrissy said...

Wow, even I was impressed with this frog, and amphibians aren't my favorite creatures. Great capture!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I've been waiting for someone to do a traffic signal... really like yours.

Anonymous said...

Even if you say this is the final take and show us the green light on the traffic light, I'll keep pretending it's still red so I can keep coming over and over to see your great photos!

And by the way, please don´t, but really don´t, kiss that frog. He is no prince! :)

Janice Thomson said...

What a lovely frog photo. I have not seen one for a few years so this was a treat.

Unknown said...

Yay, Kermit the Frog is back and you're closing with a picture of a frog! Did you name him Kermit? It makes me smile.

Thanks for the mention, too! Even though Project Green is done, I'll keep stopping by!

Jeanne Damoff said...

Great shot, Carletta! He posed very nicely for you. :)

Thanks again for all your lovely comments. You're such a fun, creative, encouraging person! Your blog is a happy place to visit.

Anna said...

Thanks for all your additions to PG! It sure was fun!

Debbie said...

Only you would be able to walk outside and just happen by a frog sitting there posing!! Carribbitt!

Nature is waiting for you to share it with us and you're doing a fantastic job!

carolr said...

OH-MY-GOD! Dark Shadows music?? Cassandra! Josette! Barnabas!
( I had a Barnabas ring, by the way.)
Love the frog.