Monday, March 3, 2008

Watching the River Move


“In a bed, in a bed, by the waterside I will lay my head.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul.”
~Grateful Dead
I awoke yesterday to a beautiful day. A friend sent me a piano instrumental with a note that said "good for a windy day or watching the river move. " Well, that got me to thinking and I decided, why not. I drove 25 miles down the interstate to a nearby town where I knew there was a park by the river. It really was a nice day to sit there and take in the glory of the day that had been given us. I enjoyed my stay and after awhile I went for a long drive. Along the way I stopped to take pictures of things that caught my eye and made me think. I’ll share those as the week progresses. Meanwhile, if you have a minute, sit back, relax, and let your troubles flow away with the current of the river.

2 comments:

kenju said...

Carletta, thanks for the visit to my blog. When I lived in Charleston, watching the river was a favorite thing to do, and it always calmed me down and made me reflect on life. I think now that the only thing my current city needs is a river running through it!

carmilevy said...

I've always found catharsis beside large bodies of water. I feel so peaceful when I stand there and take it all in. I'm so glad you took that drive: your image and words are wonderful.