Friday, February 8, 2008

"Walking Through the Clouds"

Yesterday a dear friend emailed me an old Jimi Hendrix song. Often we tend to associate a certain song with something in our lives. It might be that it evokes in us a memory from a special time – either where we were or what we were doing when we heard it. This Jimi Hendrix song seems to fit me very well. I have to admit I was not a big Jimi Hendrix fan so I’m not familiar with a lot of his work. But, my friend knows me pretty well. I love clouds in the skies as can be evidenced by yesterday’s post and today's photo. The huge white fluffy billowy ones are favorites especially when the wind seems to move them across the sky. They’re my fairytale clouds, my angel clouds. They’re that “over the rainbow” place where my fantasies come to life. How do I get there you ask - by following swarms and swarms of blue butterflies over a moonbeam while riding a winged unicorn, of course!


“Now she’s walking through the clouds
With a circus mind,
That’s running wild
Butterflies and zebras
And moonbeams and fairytales
All she ever thinks about is riding with the wind”

2 comments:

Tara said...

Your pics are so breathtaking! Loved the rainbow, too (and I love Hendrix!)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Wonderful post.....
Penny