Wednesday, December 5, 2007

and....IT SNOWED!!!




I blogged Monday about the first snowfall we had seen with more on the way. Last night the snow came. I had listened to the weather report before going to bed and heard the weatherman say it would begin around 2:00am. I was like a kid on Christmas Eve. I woke up a couple of times during the night and wondered if it had snowed. Having lived in the Tidewater region of Virginia for 30 years, teaching, and waiting for snow days that hardly ever came, well, I got used to the disappointment. I made myself stay in bed until I got a phone call at 6:30 in the morning – wrong number no less. By now I was wide awake and with optimism walked to my sunroom window to look. Yes, the ground was white and it was still snowing. I could hardly wait to get my camera. I did wait for more ground cover and I got a few pictures I really like. One I won’t show you, because it will probably end up on next year’s Christmas cards. On this cold snowy day my husband wanted to go for a ride. You see I got a new Jeep with four wheel drive a few weeks ago. His excuse was he wanted to go to the gun range – (yes, in the snow). He missed a deer this week and wanted to “check out” the gun. I suspect - know- what he really wanted was to try out the Jeep in the snowy weather and I was curious how the world outside my neighborhood was looking. It was a nice ride to the park and shooting range and for me the scenery was lovely. Nothing like snow to put you in the Christmas spirit!!!

2 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Carletta: Thanks for the pictures. We have snow in Ohio also. Some places close to us got 6". We were sparred and only got 4" of snow. The roads are being plowed.
It is a lovely scene with everything so white.

Carletta said...

fishing guy: While I enjoyed the snow yesterday I forgot just how lovely it could be until this morning. The sun is shining brightly and the snow is glistening. Be safe out there!