Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Sometimes It Bytes Back

YES! YES! YES!

I'm up and running! Actually it's after one o'clock in the morning and I'm sitting at my dining room table typing this post - ha, ha! But, I have a BLOG!!!
My first post and this post was not how I pictured getting this Blog started. I wanted everything just so-so. You know, all neat and tidy before you invite someone in. Aren't we all that way when we're expecting company? I wanted that "walk through the door" to be an
AWH -HA moment. The kind of moment when company says to themselves, hey not bad. In reality, computers and technology have a mind of their own. Having just retired from teaching computers to children in grades K-5 I, of all people, should know that.
Finally after a couple of days and hours and hours of trying this and that and researching and reading discussion groups I have something I am proud of. I owe many thanks to those who actually send in their blogger questions and those team members who try to point us in the right direction. I found some good hints that kept me going when I wanted to throw up my hands and say the heck with this new adventure. Many thanks to all of you.
However, my biggest thanks has to go to my wonderful Mommy-to-Be daughter who sat at her computer more than five hundred miles away at the end of her workday to help walk me through it all and finally get my picture in the header the way I wanted. After which she locked up at work and continued talking to me on her cell phone to give me some advice about what to try next and especially how to get my playlist posted. Those ideas helped me through the evening to put the finishing touches together. When I finally clicked to preview the blog and could hear Neil Diamond singing I was dancing in my chair. THANK YOU CINDY! I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!!!!
And now dear company if you will excuse me it has been a long day and I am ready to put my blue jeans to bed.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

nomore said...

I love this affirmative words..."Yes, yes, yes"...