Empty! When I returned from my son's last weekend this is how I found
the killdeer nest. There was one tiny sliver of egg in the nest. It doesn't look like it was disturbed other than naturally left after birth. I feel sure the baby birds are off to a great start. I still look for them but haven't seen them yet. Now that the rain is gone here maybe I'll be successful in stalking them out!

The Peonies Popped
I had taken a photo of dualing ants on the peony buds a couple of weeks ago
here. I think the blooms are gorgeous. I take no credit for them because they were planted by the previous owner. I'm so glad she did!
You should take credit, they may not have popped as beautifully for someone else!
ReplyDeleteI hope you find the Kildeers.. it would make a great picture and a very happy ending.
ReplyDeleteThat pink peony is just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYes, I would love to see the little baby birds and the peony is gorgeous, especially when enlarged!
ReplyDeleteI'm exhausted and DO plan to rest, not even going to mow..too hot!