Tuesday, May 20, 2008

T is for Tulips and Tongue

Many of you may remember my son sent me tulips for Mother's Day. Below is a close-up of one of the tulips as it opened up. I loved the little purple surprise inside.
As I was getting ready to throw the last of the wilted flowers away I noticed how the one below had curled back in on itself. I loved the lines of it and the way that the colors had deepened on the ends. I thought it was still quite lovely in this final state.
The next photo is a bloom from a tulip poplar tree. I think you can certainly tell how it got it's name. I have a tree in my front yard and one in my backyard. They grow quite tall. Before I go on I have to say isn't the memory of Tiny Tim and his Tiptoe Through the Tulips song a ghastly memory!!!
I have saved the best for last! This is my darling baby granddaughter Lily trying to get her mouth around her tongue. This is becoming one of my favorite photos of her.
A very PEACEful day to all of you!


19 comments:

Shelly said...

Lovely tulips, but that babe...oh so precious.

Anonymous said...

Lily definitely is the prettiest flower in that line up, and she had some gorgeous competition!

Gattina said...

The tulips are nice, but the Baby is soooo cute !

dot said...

Oh my! I had forgotten how bad Tiny Tim sounded. lol
Your granddaughter is so pretty! She's the prettiest flower of the bunch.
I believe we have a tulip poplar tree in our back yard. I didn't realize what it was until I saw your picture.

Anonymous said...

My gosh it just dawned on me they are all beautiful and have flower names.

Rose said...

I always think the tulip poplar has a beautiful flower, but like Dot said, your granddaughter is the prettiest of the bunch.

Tom said...

Stunning pictures... and little Lily is a finest flower of all... Sugar and Spice and things nice.. came to mind.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Miss Carletta!!! Your granddaughter is enough to make a big and strong man cry!! Gorgeous!!

Robert said...

Tulips make for a wonderful subject to shoot. Such a variety of colors. And they take on such different characteristics depending on how open or closed their petals are.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful tulips!! Your granddaughter Lily playing with her tongue is simply adorable!

Melli said...

Well, the flowers are beautiful - but the baby stole the show!!!

Dr.John said...

Three great photos for T. I loved the tulip, the tree, and the tringchild.

judi/Gmj said...

Yep, Lily is the fairist of them all! I do like your tractor pictures too, Got lots of catching up to do, Being gone from home without a computer is for the birds.

juliana said...

oh, little lily is so adorable!
the tulips are beautiful, including the dying one, and i have never seen a tulip poplar tree before... it looks quite fascinating.

Anonymous said...

Whole lot of beautiful tulips and a baby that definitely is the prettiest of them flowers ... and with flower name too!

Minkydo said...

Both tulips and baby are adorable.

Lilli & Nevada said...

What a pretty little Lily

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Carletta: Lily is a beautiful baby.

Debbie said...

It just dawned on me Lily's name...so perfect for you as a Grandmother having such a love of nature...She is absolutely adorable!

Sitting on your deck, can you see like forever? The backyard is huge and I love the wisteria!

Oh..and ugh on Tip toe thru tulips! ROFL I hope that doesn't stick in my head today!!