Friday, September 9, 2011

Twin Fawns

The deer have been visiting for quite a few weeks now and when I glanced out the living room window a few days ago this is what I saw. I grabbed my camera and hoped I could quietly sneak out the front door. Luck was on my side and I quietly sat down in a rocker and watched this little beauty nibble away. I looked around wondering where Mama could be and noticed a pair of legs underneath the bushes by the nearby gazebo.

Soon a little twin joined his sibling. Though they have nothing to fear from me they don't yet understand that maybe they should be afraid so they were content to let me sit and watch them.

It wasn't long until Mama stepped out from underneath the overhanging bushes to see where her babies had wandered to. Upon seeing me her ears perked up, she pawed her hoofs and let me take her picture before she started running slowly away her little ones scampering off behind her.
Posted for Camera Critters.

18 comments:

rapunzel said...

Great captures. They are so sweet!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

So sweet -- I see deer quite often out here, but have yet to see a fawn in its spotted state. I really want to!

SquirrelQueen said...

They are adorable, you got some great shots Carletta. I'm glad mama is making sure the little ones have a healthy fear of humans.

Gattina said...

What a nice view you have ! they look so cute ! I only see cats and dogs here, nothing else !

helena said...

so amazing to have these in your garden - your photos are so crisp and well composed

hannah said...

Didn't know they pawed the ground, like horses. Almost like turning the key in the ignition :-)
That second picture, where she looks straight at you, is amazing. Wonderful when enlarged. How close were you I wonder.

Carletta said...

Hannah, I was only about twenty feet away. I was sitting on my front porch and they were right in front of me.

Dianne said...

I love these photos, especially the expression on Mama's face

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh - such exquisite creatures!

eileeninmd said...

I love seeing deers, they are so cute. Wonderful critter photos, Carletta.

Debbie said...

Beautiful world outside your door Carletta! Adorable babies :)

I'm thinking your "nature" is a magnet. Hugs!!

Cheryl said...

I love deer but watch out for mama!

Anonymous said...

I think deer are such beautiful creatures. The twins are adorable.

http://butterybooks.com/blog/camera-critters-homer-the-office-cat/

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great pics. Deer are so beautiful and their mothers so attentive.

kayerj said...

it has been fun viewing these pictures of the fawns from time to time. I wonder how long until they lose their spots?

Rose said...

I thnk that deer just have the sweetest faces!

Connie Smiley said...

What a neat experience. Thanks for sharing your wonderful shots with us.

Stephany said...

They're adorable! I'm so jealous that you can sneak out to your porch to watch. My dogs make so much noise when they see a squirrel, it sounds like I'm running a kennel. I couldn't sneak up on a deaf squirrel...