Sunday, January 18, 2009

Today's Flowers: Rudbeckia Snow Cones

It is time to post a photo of flowers. In the past few days my little corner of the world, along with many of you, experienced bitter chilling Arctic winds. Today as I sit and type this it is 31 degrees and with the wind it seems like 24 and once again pouring down snow. This is a good day compared to the -4 degree real low temperature of yesterday. You might say we're having a heat wave. In the midst of winter the flowerbeds are brown and empty. I forgot to pick up flowers at the market yesterday to share with you and since I love this meme I have improvised my entry today.

Below is a photo of the brown rudbeckia stems left standing in the flowerbed outside my sunroom window. The snow piled on top and made them look like little snow cones. I promise to stop by and pick up some 'real' flowers to post next week.

In the meantime, click the badge at the top of my post to see much prettier flowers from all around the world. Thanks to Luis, Denise, and Laerte for giving us this beautiful meme and thanks to you dear readers for indulging my interpretation of it today.
Rudbeckia Snow Cones
You saw them here first! - Smile, you know you want to!
Have a wonderful day everyone!

36 comments:

Maria said...

Oh its a wonderful interpretation, it is funny and makes me smile! The little snow caps look too cute :)
Thanks for sharing and have a nice week!

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo the way you have captured it. Very simple and start and has a quality about it. Today we are having 37 degrees celcius (something over 100) and hotter for tomorrow!

Gill - That British Woman said...

that is so neat, what a lovely photo.

Gill in Canada

Anonymous said...

WOW.. I like the angle shot u took :D

My entry this week : in HERE. I hope you have time to visit. Thanks

Barbara said...

Perfect name for your winter flowers. Smiles B

Unknown said...

That's actually very pretty, I love anything capped by the snow!!

arleena said...

Beautiful picture.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh I LOVE the "snowcones". Great shot!

Leora said...

Excellent! I love the way the rudbeckia look with the snow on top. Like an ice cream treat.

Anonymous said...

We've had all the cold but no snow. My photo is a non-flower posting, too!

photowannabe said...

Hi Carletta,
This is a perfect choice for winter flowers. Great composition.

Rose said...

I'm smiling here!

Dr.John said...

We don't have flowers only drifts. But it did warm up to twenty today.

EG CameraGirl said...

Snow cones, eh? Very funny. ;-)

Tammie Lee said...

I just love the way snow can pile up on everything creating little critters of another sort!

Anonymous said...

They do look like snow cones. Wonderful photo. Heatwave, huh? ;-)

Paz

Anonymous said...

There is beauty and humor in your interpretation of today's meme. And I'm willing to bet no one else posted the same thing!

Melli said...

Oooo! White on white! How pretty! Ya know... I think I ALMOST see a "W" in there... come over and check out my new photo challenge!

Arija said...

Beauty can be found anywhere as long as one looks. Beautiful shot.

Janice Thomson said...

A unique shot Carletta and just as beautiful in its own way. Hope it warms up for you very soon. We have been below seasonal temps for the past month. Today the sun shone bright yet the backyard stayed frosty all day...

Becky said...

Even in winter flowers have something to offer. Well done Carletta.
B.

Anonymous said...

I like this shot of those little guys reaching toward the sky. 24 degrees. Wow. It's been in the 80's here. I wish it would at least try to creep down a little.
:-(

Lilli & Nevada said...

Yup sure has been cold and nasty around here. Freezing fog here did have some great photos but none of any old flowers

Day4plus said...

What a wonderful idea. And they do look like snowcones. I want one!!!! MB

Gattina said...

A very good idea ! Except in flower shops you don't see any flowers ! It will be better in spring, lol !

Rune Eide said...

Winter is winter! Take a macro of one of them and you have a beauty.

Anonymous said...

It's a good job you spotted this amusing sight. Great capture!

Anonymous said...

Those snow cones are very cute!
Guess a macro would give a surreal photo.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Carletta: Those a really lovely, thanks for sharing the neat flowers snowcaps.

Janet, said...

Those are so cute. A flower is a flower no matter what time of year it is.

Shelly said...

I'm embracing shades of grey lately so I absolutely love your little snow cones ;)

Pietro Brosio said...

What a fine and interesting photograph, Carletta! These snow cones are so pretty!

dot said...

Now that was smart to come up with those cute little snow cones!

Anonymous said...

What fascinating winter flowers!
Hugs and blessings,

Linda said...

Cute and clever choice in the midst of all this bitter cold weather.

Judy said...

wonderful, unique angle!