Saturday, March 1, 2008

My Life in Six Words

Laughed…Loved…Ate Chocolate...Savored Innocence
That is my six word memoir. I was tagged by Nan over at On My Porch to play this fun game. It’s been going around the blog world. A recently published book entitled Not Quite What I Was Planning (which I’d said that) is compiled of many six word memoirs. It was put out by an online magazine called Smith. Ernest Hemingway was once asked to write a full story in six words. His reply was “For Sale: baby shoes, never worn.” Therein the idea for the book was born. On the Smith site that I’ve linked to, you can view some of the accepted entries and you can submit yours for consideration in the next book. Many are very thought provoking. Caution: write your own first so as not to be influenced by those you read.

Here are the rules for the memoir that I received from Nan.
1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4. Tag five more blogs with links.
5. Remember to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

I was thrilled that Nan tagged me to play; but then, that’s me. I haven’t been around in Blog World long enough to know those of you who would be thrilled as opposed to those who might think, “Oh no, not ME! So I invite any reader to take part and if you do, leave me a comment so I can stop by and read your memoir. I hope some of you will take me up on the idea and I can’t wait to hear from you. What's your story?

2 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Great words! And what a cutey patootie in the picture!
Penny

George Townboy said...

"My Mommy always says I'm special!"

Ha, ha! The tee shirt I'm wearing this morning says, "My Mommy says I'm special." I threw in the 'always' to get up to the six word limit. I'm going to visit my Mother today and I like to wear this shirt to remind her of just how she's supposed to think, lol. She's 82.

I've gone blog crazy; I have more blogs than words to describe my life. Here's one I post normal (sometimes) pictures to, if you're interested.