Here are 10 random facts about me:
- I love the smell of vanilla. I especially like the scented lotion from Bath and Body Works. I'd rather wear this scent than any perfume.
- I'm a TV junkie! I love Lost, Boston Legal, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars...well, you get the picture!
- When I was in college my roommate dated a foreign student for a few years. He and his buddies couldn't pronounce my name so they nicknamed me Charlie. Shortly thereafter a new perfume came out by that name with really cool commercials. The company line about the perfume was "it is rose and sandalwood with a touch of grass." Huh? They didn't say what kind of grass and it was the 70's!! The commercial touted "she's a Charlie Girl." With my nickname I had to have some. I thought I was indeed a "Charlie Girl." Hey, what can I say - I was young and impressionable.
- My last school position was teaching computers to students in grades K-5. I saw every single child in the building. Almost 600 students passed through my classroom door each week. It's a wonder I'm still sane!!
- I'm a published author. Ok, so it was a college literary magazine with a couple of my poems in it along with a lot of others. But hey, I can say I'm published - can't I!
- I was once a PTA President, a Girl Scout leader, and a Cub Scout leader - all at the same time. Can I just say all that volunteering really did bite me in the butt!
- I love to read books. I read Nicholas Sparks for romance; John Grisham for courtroom drama; and Janet Evanovich for pure hilarious fun.
- I make beaded jewelry with gemstones, crystals and glass beads. People have even paid me money for some of my work. Imagine that! That is a wonderful feeling knowing somebody else likes and appreciates what you've done.
- I've traced my family geneology history back to the 1700's. I found I am a little bit Scotch, French, Irish, and a touch of Native American Indian. Multi-cultural I am!!!
- I love music. My favorite line is from a 1965 hit by Lesley Gore: "Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows - everything that's wonderful is sure to come your way..." If you're still reading and still with me that's what I wish for you my dear readers today - sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows.
Now that I’ve completed my list, I am supposed to tag five more people to play along. I have loved the time spent trying to find the right facts about myself to share with you and I thank Rosanne for making me think! It has been fun for me. But, it is a challenge. So big a challenge in fact that I am going to cheat (sorry Rosanne) and leave this open to anybody reading who would like to accept it and take the time to play along. If you decide to accept the challenge – that sounds like a line from Mission Impossible – then remember to let me know. I’d love to see what I don’t know about my blogging buddies!