Thursday, June 26, 2008

Skywatch Friday - A Painted Sky

After three evenings of thunderstorms filled with fierce lightning and heavy rain we were rewarded Monday afternoon with a beautifully painted sky. And didn't this rainbow just position itself in the right spot for me - I think so!! Enjoy!


For more Skywatch participants please join our host Tom at Welcome to Wiggers World.

66 comments:

  1. I'm back ... oh no, cried blog world ... he's back!

    Only Carletta stood out there steady betting she would stay like a rock to get a stunner instead of running ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautifully painted sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great capture of rainbow framed with trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOLOLOL Go check out mine! You will see why I am laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful photograph! Rainbows are such wonderful subjects and you captured this one well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All we need now is for Dot to join in with a rainbow and this music...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice music. :)

    You did it again, you know -- but I am posting mine anyway -- tomorrow, when it's really Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carletta: Very nicely done, that is a nicely framed rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am now taking a diminishing dose of steroids for my Rheumatoid Arthritis pain and it works. I believe the chemotherapy drug is spelled "Methotrexate" that is used to treat a lot of things from cancer to arthritis will be used next. I just relish in being pain free.

    So I am not participating in Sky Watch Friday just because I might not be able to make it around to all.


    I enjoyed seeing your blog post for Sky Watch Friday and I thought your photography was excellent. I really liked the rainbow.

    I don't know if you like to read or not but if you do this place is amazing.

    I just got my first shipment of used books from Strand's bookstore in New York City, day before yesterday and they are in excellent condition.

    They have 18 miles of used books. Think about that—18 miles. I had to start out by just choosing a category, like photography, and go from there.

    I don't know how in the world they can keep track of so many books.

    Look up Strand bookstore or copy and paste the URL here: http://www.strandbooks.com/app/www/p/home/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rainbows always present an elegant performance filling the sky with joy.
    Lovely.
    varying seasons

    ReplyDelete
  11. oohhh... how pretty! and beautifully framed... i love rainbows :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great catch! I can't wait to get one, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. After storm, rainbow and beatiful taken.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, Carletta, it's just perfect!!



    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rose as the same music on... Iz was a fantastic singer.. I spent an afternoon playing his songs over and over on You Tube the other week... this song moves me to tears when he sings it..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply wonderful this picture, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carletta, I have a "special" award for you at my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now, there is a painting to behold! Lovely picture.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great rewards come to the faithful. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty one for SWF! Which reminds me the quote... "we all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon".... Mine's up too hope you can drop by. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so beautiful!! Reminds me of a sermon I heard once.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous! You always have spectacular shots!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely! As you said, in just the right spot. Nice capture for a Sky Watch.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's as if the rainbow is connecting the trees! Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  25. yes, but did you find the pot of gold?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful rainbow! God's promise.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This doesn't even look real. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is perfect for skywatch!!! Apsolutely beautiful! thanks for the comment, and I'm not really sure what kind of birds they are in my skywatch picture, but I loved the way they looked in motion with the sunny sky! (: thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your rainbow! I've been waiting for one of these to shoot!

    You asked about what part of VA I live in. We live in Central Virginia...about 2 hours south of Richmond.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I still like to see rainbows. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! What a perfect rainbow. Nicely located and the colors are so sharp and rich.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow. That makes waiting through the thunderstorms worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my goodness that is beautiful Carletta and beautifully framed too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. That is a simply stunning shot.

    Happy SWF.
    Gary
    Bodge's Bulletin

    ReplyDelete
  35. There is no paint like the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  36. You deserve the Arte y Pico award, Carletta! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  37. It's not a pot of gold, but there's a little something for you over at Raven's Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, how loverly!
    Thank you for sharing that great rainbow pic.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous rainbow capture! Framed beautifully amongst the trees. Very nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Carletta, you like my Bad Art cherub? He's not that bad I guess! Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh, that's just beautiful. The rainbow was in the perfect spot!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great shot for SWF.

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a beautiful picture and a rainbow to remind us of God's love.

    ReplyDelete
  44. So many rainbows this week and yours is just beautiful, Carletta.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beautiful rainbow picture. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great capture. I love rainbows.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Lovely shot of the rainbow!
    Happy Weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Gorgeous sky watch with a lovely rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  49. God gave my friend a rainbow because He knew she would treasure it....

    ReplyDelete
  50. WOW! A rainbow! Cool. Thanks for you encouraging comments on my Sky Watch Friday post. Glad you enjoyed my "change of pace" as you so aptly put it. Its good to do that now and again.

    ReplyDelete