Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shadow Shot: The Rose




For more Shadow Shot Sunday
click the badge.......................>

For another shot of a white rose join me at Carletta's Captures.

38 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shot!
    I don't know which is prettier, the rose or the shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the color, rather the lack there of in the background, natural or did you edit out all the color except the rose?

    Either way it makes for a fantastic shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous! great shot! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A quick note - check my blog to see who got the wordzzle award this week. Then stop by and congratulate her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this picture Carletta. What a neat idea.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful. The petals are so delicate and the shadow conveys it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PERFECTION!!! What more can I say!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful shadow! We love the shadow of the vase just as much as the rose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a poetic shot. You really have a talent for images!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that's very beautiful. It looks to me like the shadow rose is reaching out to the real rose. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very lovely composition!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Among the more beautiful pictures of a rose I've seen.

    One is so accustomed to associating colour with a rose that not finding one actually highlights the beauty of the rose.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The rose, the shadow, both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...great shadow...so dark and sharp! Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning! Very clever, Carletta!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely shot..beautiful.
    Happy SSS..

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful. I love that it could be a black & white image except for the green of the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Would fit on my table ! beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely stunning Carletta. I love this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the shadow as much as the rose! Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I thought for a moment it was a black and white shot, and then I saw the delicate shades in the rose. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the white and the black. Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The shadow defies the supposed delicacy and fragility of roses...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very creative shot!Beautiful!
    Thanks for your nice comment in my blog...
    Hugs from Portugal!
    Lurdes

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, that's pretty! I like the way the light scatters from the vase, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is lovely. I so like the idea of photographing shadows. I have even considered joining, but despite this being Hawaii, I haven't seen sunshine in ages!

    Wait. Let me qualify. In truth, the sun is shining bright right now, but the wind is also blowing 50 mph, which makes capturing shadows just a bit erratic!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thom took my words!! I'll have to revert to AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Excellent soft image, beautifully composed.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I adore photo. So simple, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is absolutely beautiful. The shadow is amazingly distinct.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my! The white rose is lovely and the shadow delightful ;--)

    I played over the weekend at Happily Retired Gal too, but am only finding time to visit today. Hope you're having a lovely week.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete