Sunday, November 16, 2008

Today's Flowers: A Lilac Bud


Last spring the lilac bush beside my deck was filled with beautiful white blooms releasing their fragrant scent into the wind. Those blooms have long been gone as are all the leaves on the bush.
Next year's buds are waiting for the warmth of Spring.

Please click on the badge at the top of my post to join our hosts Luiz and Denise to see a beautiful bouquet of flowers from around the world.

42 comments:

  1. Oh yes! Nice capture too!~ Love how you zoomed in:)

    Mine is, HERE. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos!
    have a nice weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carletta, still beautiful even without the blooms. I love the close up of the bud, a promise of things to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of green the buds are. That is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lilac buds show it, time does not rest. growing, growing to bring you pleasure next spring.
    Have a nice week.(The buds look lovely too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the expectation. What a nice idea for fall, to post a bud. I anticipate a beautiful scent come spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice healthy bud and a nice clean shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flower!

    Meire
    www.meiroca.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. the lilac buds look quite developed... interesting how they can wait all the winter before sprouting.
    nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I really want to plant a lilac sometime in the future! What a very promising bud...

    ReplyDelete
  11. whata comforting post I love them and miss them so sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures. Spring is a long way off.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great capture! cute and beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't know anything about Lilac sound like it smells good and I bet the flowers are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lilac! Oh I love lilacs and I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carletta,

    Interesting post with a delicate plant!
    Thanks for visiting me!

    Have a nice week,

    Luiz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photos, bet you can't wait for them to bloom and fragrance the air.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent idea. Spring sounds so nice. I guess I have to wait just like the buds. MB

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do miss the buds of spring right about now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful promise of what is to come!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice~ Once it blooms it will be gorgeous I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah for lilacs! And old timey flower but one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That last one is beauty holding lots of promises

    ReplyDelete
  24. Carletta, great idea to post the lilac buds. Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  25. that's nice. well taken.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very nice picture ! Since yesterday I have a lot of choice for beautiful pictures ! I am in Egypt at the Red Sea. It's wonderful and very warm ! First pictures on my blog tomorrow !

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is such a "hopeful" picture!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous.... nice to know that Spring is waiting even as winter settles in. It's damp and chilly here and we are even having snow flurries, though nothing is sticking. Sun has been scarce for the past few days but it's at least peaking in and out today.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those buds make me wish spring was coming rather than winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ahh...lilacs! One of the few things I miss from my youth in the Midwest. Our lilacs were so beautiful that people would pull over and get out of their cars to start stripping the bushes...until Mom got after them!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Unique, I'll wait up for it to open on the coming posts =D

    ReplyDelete
  32. Waiting for Spring is always a good action. Hope. Future.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm going to have to go look at my lilacs...I didn't know that..

    New Rambling Woods Site

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nice capture of those cute little buds. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Excellent macros Carletta. Neat how some plants prepare now for next year's blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the lilacs, and below the rhodie, in bud. They wait so patiently, don't they? And thanks so much for visiting my Begonias photo for Flowers for Today last week. I really appreciate it. Sara

    ReplyDelete