Sunday, October 12, 2008

Today's Flowers : The Clematis




(click to enlarge all images)
For more beautiful flowers from around the world please click the badge at the top of my post to visit Luiz and Denise and all others posting flowers today.

47 comments:

  1. That bottom picture is really beautiful. The other two are unique..what are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Clematis! So pretty. My first encounter with these was my sister's first home. Her little carport was draped in them and it looked enchanted. I thought fairies probably lived in those vines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots, beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always really loved the clematis. This one is a great color and looks healthy :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carletta, que belas
    flores!
    Parabens, não conheço
    nenhuma.
    Um abraço. lili

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carletta: A beautiful Clematis in the purple color, nicely captured my friend.
    The Rose of Sharon is from a few weeks back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a deep pretty purple. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite a unique one! Love the details on the 3rd one!

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh - Carletta - you have just made me realize that I NEED some of these gorgeous flowers!!! Hehehehe - I always tell Hubs "I NEEEED that". Just look at that gorgeous purple... oh my, I must have some flowers like this!

    Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clematis is such a gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How blue your clematis is! I love the seed heads too. Have you ever grown them from seed?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice sequence of photos to a good week

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that last shot! Very nice flowers! :D
    Mine is posted HERE. Happy TF~

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like all of them but the last one is my favourite!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I like the shapes and colors. Very nice!

    Paz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clematis are some my favorites. Your photos are lovely. Maybe one year I will plant one of these in my backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Carletta
    Wonderful, very exotic and exuberant, like the color purple, great contribution, thank you for sharing so much beauty.
    hugs, Denise & Santilli

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a very beautiful flower, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome pictures, Carletta. My mom had a purple clematis that was always just covered in blooms...she had a white one and a maroon one I think...the white one had several blooms, but the maroon one never had very many that I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The development of the Clematis is interesting - and beautiful in all the different stages.
    /Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  21. They are so beautiful!! clematis seem magical somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic and so alive color between purple and blue (on the last picture) - something like indigo color, right? Thank you very much for your visit

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Carletta!

    This beautiful flower.
    I had never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are one of my favourites... I like the many different ones that are about. Your pictures capture the true beauty as it unfolds.

    Hope this message finds you well Carletta.
    Tom :O)

    ReplyDelete
  25. that's so pretty, nice color..

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm assuming that's one plant. I've seen the top just recently but didn't know the flowers were what came before. Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty clematis! I love them when they flower and when they go to seed...both. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Carletta
    Its beautiful flowers and climbers love the music of your blog.
    Congratulations and was a pleasure receive it in my space.
    Come again.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow! That is such a weird looking flower but beautiful! :) Such an awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really admire that smoky-purple color. Gorgeous! The wild ones around here are a lighter violet.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Tadaa!! That's what those flowers would say if they could talk. You brighten my day, Carletta. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful, Carletta! I love to look at Clematis but I don't think I would plant one. My mother has a lovely red one that got out of control and grew up into the surrounding trees.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Carletta,

    All flowers are wonderful!
    I enlarged the last and its a fantastic flower with marvelous colors!!

    Have a nice week

    Luiz & Denise - TODAY'S FLOWERS

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous photos. Boy, those are beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  35. A beautiful climber and purple is my favorite. The bird (camera critters) is indeed not mother nature's prettiest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Those are so beautiful... wishing you a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful varietis of Clematis you have. They are may favourites. Lovely set :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. What exciting flower photos! I love them. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete