Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sky Watch: A Sunset And An Orange Moon


Sunset Round The Bend
October 13, 2008
An Orange Moon
October 18, 2008

Happy Halloween Everyone!

Be sure to click on the Sky Watch badge to visit beautiful skies around the world.

75 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shots for Halloween. Love the sunset and the Orange moon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and those swirly clouds. Nice moon too.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a colorful sunset! I like the cloud formations in it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carletta! Two appropriate photo's for this time of year. Happy Halloween to you also. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh i loved the picture og the moon!! And whar suits more on a halloween week??

    Nice weekend to you from Anne in Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful sunset and what a perfect moon shot for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous

    Mine SWF post in HERE. Hope you have time to visit. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep meaning to ask you - do you love Keith Urban? Went to his concert a few years ago (he was opening act for Kenny Chesney - not too bad, huh?)

    Love your sky shots - that moon is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like the orange moon.

    what lens did you use for this?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Carletta, you get and A+++ this time around....both are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's the most gorgeous orange moon I have seen. Rare is the occurence for such, isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great sky watch,, the colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That moon looks like a Halloween pumpkin Carletta! Perfect for this season!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What could be better than an orange moon? Perfect. Have a great SWF.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two splendid photos for a really great Sky Watch, Carletta. I enjoy both the images, and the moon is so attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are lovely photos, Carletta, and I especially love the first one - angry yet beautiful sky.

    Thanks

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful shots to help us celebrate Halloween, Carletta. Hope you have a happy Halloween too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carlettta: What a neat orange look to your sky.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those grey clouds above the sunset, and great Halloween moon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely sunset AND a gorgeous orange moon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, the orange moon is terrific... perfect for Halloween. The sky is so unbelievable... I adore the rich colors!
    ~Michele~
    Mountain Retreat- Canada

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you Carletta for sharing these pictures. They are great.
    I looked at the cloud formation first and was amazed at the colours, when I saw the moon, well speechless is the word.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Is it an orange moon? Yeah its the same color as a pumpkin! Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely shots, especially the moon as those are so hard

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love that orange moon! Beautiful pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful captures, love the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous colors in the sunset and I love that orange moon! It looks like The Great Pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love those colors. Very Halloween looking! Great captures.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Two beautiful shots for Sky Watch!

    Trick or Treat?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Incredible captures. Orange moon is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful harvest moon. Both photos are just lovely for this time of year.

    Pensacola Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, wow! I like both photos. Beautiful colors. I love the moon!

    Paz

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Carletta: I got some link issues early today on my SWF url. I miss your comment on my entry :(

    BTW, you got a wonderful SWF entry today! Happy weekend!

    Here's my SkyWatch #14 entry!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You could almost picture the sunset being the moonrise with the moon glowing orange like that.

    I updated my "Story Behind the Moon Shot" post with the technical info on my SWF for this week since several people had asked. That post is scheduled for tomorr... uh... what day is it anyway??

    It's scheduled for Saturday.

    Whenever that is.

    ReplyDelete
  35. The orange moon is great for Halloween. Love the orange sky too.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wonderful pictures ! Happy Halloween to you too !

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow an orange moon! That's very appropriate! Both photos are great. Thanks for passing by.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the oranges. Thanks for visiting me at Sydney Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Happy Halloween to you, too! Lovely shots, both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great shots, Carletta. I can't think for the moment if that is the old Harvet Moon or Hunter's Moon.Must look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gorgeous Halloween skies. Beautiful shots both of them.
    Happy SWF, and Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Lovethe sky and Halloween Moon. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wonderful Halloween skies! The sunset is magnificent but I confess to favouring the pumpkin moon! I can almost see the witch sailing past it!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh, how perfect for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Pretty shots dear. TC

    ReplyDelete
  46. Now that's what a Halloween moon should look like.

    ReplyDelete
  47. wow! i love the sunset on the above photo!
    and the moon!
    wow! so mesmerizing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. A great moon for Halloween! The moon this month seemed the most brightest and beautiful I'd seen in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Carletta, you ALWAYS come up with a fantastic picture for sky watch. Do you always have your camera with you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Happy Halloween to you too, Carletta! Two great shots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love your sunset. The clouds and the colours are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Great colours and cloud formations! Just the job for Halloween :-)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Like a pumpkin in the sky...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Carletta, These are terrific shots! I love the orange moon, and the sunset is breathtaking! Love the cirrus streaming with all the color. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Now that, Miss Carletta, is what I call cheating or even bragging ... so you went to the Moon paint it orange and than back to Earth just for the picture, hum :)

    Very nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Gorgeous colors and perfect for today!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. This is perfect for Halloween. Have a very happy one and a great weekend Carletta

    ReplyDelete
  58. wow, these are gorgeous!

    and a happy halloween to you!

    ReplyDelete
  59. The orange moon for Halloween, how perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Love the orange moon!

    I have been so busy with other posts I'll have to let my SkyWatch Friday post go for this week!

    But I'll be back next week! :)


    Happy Halloween!


    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  61. Hi Carletta,
    I got caught up today. Great shots for Halloween. Keep 'em straight over in West Virginia. Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  62. I like the soft shapes of those clouds and the colors are so nice. And that orange moon is definitely Halloweeny. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  63. I can't believe I'm so far behind on your posts. These are beautiful and perfect for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  64. What a beautiful series. :)

    Hope everyone is having a very Happy Halloween and a Blessed Samhain!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Hi Carletta, I like your pretty sunset. And I am jealous of your Orange Halloween moon. My camera isn't good enough to get moon shots.
    Happy SkyWatching. (I've got a Guatemala sky today.)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  66. Beautiful! And Perfect for SWF and HAlloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Magnificent shots!! the orange moon is simply mesmerizing, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Perfect shots for Halloween, Carletta!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Stunning! There was a sky like that here last night, I gasped when I saw it and kinda scared the puppy...it was pretty funny. Nice captures Carletta!

    ReplyDelete