Sunday, September 28, 2008

Today's Flowers





Just down the road from me is this field of yellow. Just a few months ago cattle were grazing in this field. Since taking the photos I noticed this week it is being mowed down. It was certainly beautiful for a little while.
To see more beautiful flowers please click on the badge at the beginning of my post and join our host Luiz Santilli, Jr. as we gaze at beauty from around the world.

47 comments:

  1. For me, it is so romantic to see a field of gold! These pics are just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful view. Nice yellow landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those yellow flowers shine together with the sun! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golden yellow. Wonderful photos of precious flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Carletta

    a field with immense golden carpet, beautiful and vigorous, great job. I thank you for sharing.

    Denise & Santilli - the team of Today's Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow... I sure hope to wake up everyday seeing that great view! So pretty!

    My flower photo is now posted here. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And you did't throw your self down and roll in them? I sure would have been tempted. Like rubbing sushine all over you, without danger of uv rays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love yellow flowers and that field looks so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful field of sunshine. I hate for you that it is being mowed down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love yellow flowers in particular.

    Paz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely shots of these yellow flowers Carletta!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is what I call a "field of dreams"! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with Dot, it is a field of dreams! It looks so cheerful, it's a shame they mowed the field. Beautiful captures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carletta, muito lindas as tuas
    flores.
    Um abraço. Lizete

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to jump and lie there for a while:) Beautiful!!! Mine is posted HERE. Happy Today's Flower!~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yellow is the best! These photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! I love yellow...perfect framing on that last photo. At least in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a beautiful sight to see! What a shame that it's being mowed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a real beautiful flower field !!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful field! Wow. Wish to have one of those on my backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful yellow fields.

    ReplyDelete
  22. they are so pretty....
    sad about their being mowed down!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Carletta: What a neat story as you went from a field of yellow to the pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great series of shots. I felt like I was walking up to them until I got close. Too bad they were mowed down. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fortunately you took photos of this field before it was mowed down.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Excellent set of pictures leading up to a beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just bet that was so beautiful to see.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sorry I have not been here much. Work is so busy. I have not gotten a post of my own up in a week or shot any pictures. Hopefully things will ease up. Your pictures are continuing to be great. Hope you're doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. How beautiful--a field of gold. Nice pictures. MB

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the yellow flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love wildflowers. The bright yellow color is so uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great shots! I like how you brought us into the field.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a lovely field of coreopsis. I don't think I've ever seen so many at one time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. what a gorgeous field of yellow!
    perfect for this time of year

    ReplyDelete
  35. These photos makes me imagine that one could film a very wonderful movie in this field! That close up is so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  36. WOW! You get the prize for the most flowers in one photo! The close up is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a beautiful golden landscape! I love yellow. These are gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love to stop and see the flowers. Great shot of the field of yellow flowers. The closeup is beautiful. I love yellow flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I just love yellow flowers, any yellow flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! What's more beautiful that a whole field of flowers! These are beautiful. Enjoyed your post down below too. Isn't autumn just moving too fast this year? My trees started turning in mid August and the past few days have seen dramatic changes in all the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful photos! Too bad it's being destroyed.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Fabulous. What a great field of sunshine! Thanks for your visit Carletta. I'm behind this week working my way to Tuesday :0)
    Have a great day..

    ReplyDelete
  43. That's a beautiful field of flowers. It looks like my coriopsis which self seeds and almost becomes a field although it's pretty droopy by the end of summer. I love the shots you got.

    ReplyDelete