Yes, the sign is real and marks a road up a "hollow" as we call them in West Virgina. I have no history to share. The Internet only gave me the GPS numbers. I do remember my Grandfather mentioning it years ago when I was growing up. A couple of weeks ago while out driving the countryside I came across it. It is less than three miles from my present home. I have no intention of traveling the road to make any discoveries!
Ops ... dn´t go there by yourself. But since "Debbie in nc" is ready, I guess I could convince some other friends to join us on some trip down that Hollow ... Just in case, and as they do say, "ladies first"! :)
Yes, the sign is real and marks a road up a "hollow" as we call them in West Virgina. I have no history to share. The Internet only gave me the GPS numbers.
ReplyDeleteI do remember my Grandfather mentioning it years ago when I was growing up.
A couple of weeks ago while out driving the countryside I came across it. It is less than three miles from my present home.
I have no intention of traveling the road to make any discoveries!
Dark Shadows is a perfect fit. And by all means, no matter which way that sign points, tht will never be a right turn!
ReplyDeleteQuilldancer: I have to laugh. Traveling from my home it actually is a right turn!
ReplyDeleteOne does wonder what kind of history took place with a name like that....
ReplyDeleteThis is an ideal shot for this week's PhotoHunt theme.
ReplyDeleteUnique sign.
I think I'd be turning LEFT there!
ReplyDeleteThe sign and that eerie music are a little spooky at 3 am!
ReplyDeleteI'll be sure to stay far away from this road.
ReplyDeleteHappy WW!
Me neither!
ReplyDeleteAll I could think of was the British expletive "bloody"--maybe it took someone a long time to get there and they got fed up!
Ahh, c'mon, Carletta, get in the Jeep, take a right turn, and do some discovering for us!!
ReplyDeleteI believe it is the site of the last great battle between the Hatfields and the McCoys!!
Prove me wrong with your Sunday drive!! LOL
Definitely a unique sign. Perfect music to accompany this strange name.
ReplyDeleteCarletta, sends shivers down my back! Great green post!
ReplyDeleteCarletta: Great music for the scary sounding road. I guess you have a challenge to go exploring.
ReplyDeleteI would definitely turn LEFT. But then if exploring with you and a few others LOL....
ReplyDeleteI would turn RIGHT!! LOL
You really put some thought into your post and it makes my day to come here...... thank you.
ReplyDeleteOps ... dn´t go there by yourself. But since "Debbie in nc" is ready, I guess I could convince some other friends to join us on some trip down that Hollow ... Just in case, and as they do say, "ladies first"! :)
ReplyDeleteDon't tell me if you find out! lol
ReplyDeleteHappy WW! Join me if you can:
Just Some Thoughts
Your admiring fans want to know :)
ReplyDelete(At 3am I turn my speakers off so it doesn't wake others, but I read the playlist) It was spooky in the dark!
Oh my goodness, that made my heart race a little. What a great shot for wordless Wed!
ReplyDeletePretty scary! I'd avoid that road!
ReplyDeleteJunie