Friday, April 11, 2008

Sky Watch Friday and Project Yellow : Somewhere Over the Rainbow

I Jumped Across a Rainbow

I jumped across a rainbow
And left my ego here
Exposed to its reality
As nothingness and fear. I needed all my courage
To take that giant leap
For hypnotized in human dreams
My mind was fast asleep. But when that rainbow beckoned
I walked right through the night
I jumped across the rainbow
And fell into the LIGHT!
~Evelyn Stark
For more Skywatch Friday participants please visit Tom here.
For more Project Yellow participants please visit Anna.

51 comments:

  1. I must say ... it's almost midnight and I have been waiting to see if someone would bring us a rainbow ... and yes, it's Carletta bringing a beautiful one ... always smashing us with your gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! This is a fantastic rainbow! Reminds me of a sermon I heard once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Carletta.. for doing Project Yellow and Sky Watch.. a beautiful picture backed up with another great poem.. how happy am I today? ha! Well Happy

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the poem and your rainbow photo is extra special! Such a rare occurance here in Ga.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful rainbow and beautiful poem...

    ReplyDelete
  6. carletta: Great rainbow, this is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful and delicate a rainbow Carletta. Superb photo! Delightful words to go with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great jump across the rainbow.
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the atmosphere in this photo: the minimalist tree, the minimalist rainbow: it's really great. I saw project yellow and looked about and realized that there is NO color here, still, except white snow and brown/black trees!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your combination of appropriate music, poetry and photography. Very nicely done. Greetings and kudos from deep south Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the rainbow, Carletta, and for the beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful rainbow! Let me know if you think of the blog you saw the tractor...I dont think I have seen it yet.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful rainbow, its been awhile since i have seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great job on the rainbow, love yr music.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm out and about visiting other Project Yellow entries. Yours is subtle and soothing. A very nice capture. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful. With a soft look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photo and poem,and music to go with it too.Wonderful:o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fine photography. I like this example.

    Abraham Lincoln in Brookville, Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't know that poem, it is lovely! Your photo is just right with it. We are to have rain this weekend, maybe I will catch a rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, rainbows are my favorite and it is something I cannot seem to photograph. This one is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Close to the top of the list for "my favorite things" you'll find rainbows. They're magic to me. Lovely that you've found dual purpose to post this wonderful picture today :).

    And the poem? For me an added bonus! Beautiful words to accompany a beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Inspiring photo and poem Carletta! New word....inspiring :)

    Ego in the poem caught my eye especially. Have you read "A New Earth"? It's not a New Age concept or a new religion/cult thing. It is just an extremely insightful look into the ego and being in the present. Noticing nature is a first step in the book.

    Check it out if you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Excellent post, beautiful picture, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice capture of the rainbow. Liked the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very fun -- nice idea to post a rainbow! It makes me want to watch "The Wizard of Oz."

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the rainbow! They seem rare here---or is it that in the busyness of our lives we forget to look? Thanks for letting us "see".

    Oh, and I am an educaator, too. Not quite retired.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh well, you'd think an educator could spell. Please excuse the typo.

    ReplyDelete
  28. How nice that the sky got all dressed up for your photo, what with the big pretty bow and all!

    ReplyDelete
  29. OH I ALWAYS THINK PEOPLE ARE SO LUCKY TO RAINBOWS! I have another Project Yellow hereand a Skywatch Friday here :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful rainbow photo!! I am back and trying to catch up with all of my blogging friends...
    Penny
    p.s. come sign up for my 200th post giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the photo - love the poem... love the whole post! Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous photo! And the poem is perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I enjoyed really the very beautiful photograph with the escort of marvellous music.
    Very good post!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love rainbows. You can never see enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  35. AHH- what a beautiful picture!

    And I love the poem, too!


    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  36. Now that is just absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely - we all need to react quickly when a rainbow beckons.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very nice combination posting. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  39. WOW! This has to be the best SKywatch this week! AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful photos!

    Rainbow is always o fantastic image!

    Great post. Carletta!

    Have a nice weekend,

    Santilli

    ReplyDelete
  41. Carletta, Such a compliment. I LOVE your rainbow shot. Very cool stuff. My goal is to catch a well contrasted double arch rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Lovely rainbow! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete